Praise Center Ministries
September 2007, Google Street View

Praise Center Ministries

1714 Laketon Road, intersection of Laketon and Montier St., moved

The Praise Center Full Gospel Church Association “teaches the Full Gospel and incorporates praise in everything that we do.” It was founded by Bishop Charles A. Scales, Jr. in 1996.

Ministry at the Praise Center takes several forms and one is the mime ministry:

The Mime Ministry of Praise Center Full Gospel Church allows for spiritual expression of song through movement and expression. Mine allows the participants to pour themselves into the music and bodily express the lyrical content of the musical selections. Ministering to God’s people through movement and expression of song has proven to be both inspirationally and spiritually effective causing people to better understand and live the spirituality of the musical lyrics.

From 1998 through 2009, a Praise Center Ministries congregation worshiped at 1714 Laketon Road. In late 2009 Praise Center Full Gospel Church Association bought the former Epiphany Evangelical Lutheran Church at 11200 Frankstown Road in Penn Hills.

The building on Laketon Road was sold. A Dollar General store leased the building. It is currently vacant.