Pentecostal Temple, moved
September 2007, Google Street View

Pentecostal Temple Church of God in Christ

1689 Laketon Road, west of the corner of Robinson Blvd, Montier St. and Laketon, moved

In 1975, the Pentecostal Temple Church of God in Christ appears to have met in the storefront here before moving to the nearby former Advent Lutheran Church at 1675 Laketon Road. The address is in a listing of churches for 1975 in Wilkinsburg.

A date of 1969 is given in a Pittsburgh Courier news story as the founding date for the Pentecostal Temple of God in Christ. Rev. Mann served as the pastor at the First Baptist Church of Braddock Hills. He left the church to found a new church. The 19 church members who left with him became the foundation of the Pentecostal Temple.

______

“Celebrating 40 years of Pentecostal Temple” Pittsburgh Courier, September 10, 2009.
https://newpittsburghcourier.com/2009/09/10/celebrating-40-years-of-pentecostal-temple/

Wilkinsburg Public Library Digital Archives:

“Churches in Wilkinsburg,” September 1975.